Monday, May 3, 2010

National Scrapbooking Day

Saturday May 1st was National Scrapbooking Day. It was a day for all scrapbookers to celebrate by taking out their paper supplies and tools to make creations. There were parties and challenges to be a  participant. I was following My Pink Stamper on Facebook and her blog. Over the course of the day there were twelve challenges for us to do. I was able to do three of them.

The first challenge was to make a Mother's Day card. Since I have four daughter and a daughter-in-law who are all mothers, I decided to make a card for each of them. Here are three of the five cards I made.














I made an envelope, but it is too small for the card that measures 6 inches by 6 inches.

Challenge # 8 Love My Color. For this we were to make something in a Monochromatic color with a flower. I made a card with some of the pink paper left over from the Mother's Day cards that I used to test the border punch.





The finally challenge was named Critter-licious. We were to make a card, page or project using animal or critter. I chose to make a double layout of one of my kittens watching  a chipmunk.


7 comments:

Daughter number 3 said...

Cool. I get to see your scrapbooking. Cool you ARE scrapbooking. i love the embossing.

Dakota Bear said...

Daughter number 3- thank you for stopping by for a site visit and leaving a message.

Unknown said...

beautiful cards and I enjoyed your blog! Thanks for comin to check out my blog! blessing,
Jewels

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorothy:)
Your cards are sooo` beautiful` TFs:)Thanks for joining us at the cuttlebug challenge

Terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

very pretty projects.....TFS!

♥Tracy

Ms. Freeman said...

I got my card in the mail yesterday. It is so lovely. Thank you so much for making my card by had this year Mummzy. It reminds me of all the hand/homemade things you created for us when we were kids.

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Ms.Freeman a.k.a. Daughter Number 2

WrinkleFreeDiva said...

Love how you incorporate your lovely photos into your cards. Nice! And from one cat lover to another, LOVE that layout!